Name: Sommarfröjd (Swedish) (Needlewoman Shop Catalogue)
Designer: Ingrid Bjernefors-Dahlman
Originally a wall hanging, linen embroidery on brown linen. (We think) by far the most popular Nordiska design ever made in their heyday. This is the first time since the 1960's that Summer Joy is available as a kit again.
Included in this kit:
- Our favourite linen, 25 x 75 cm or larger, hand printed in Sweden.
The design itself measures approximately 12 x 66 cm.
- 9 colours of linen embroidery thread pinks, red, white and greens.
The linen threads in this listing shows the colours in our contemporary kit, all single skeins.
The thread set contains one original 1960's pink linen skein.
- A chenille needle size 22.
- A handy stitch card showing the 24 common stitches used in Nordiska’s embroidery.
- A full size copy of the original 1960s instructions.
- A printed photograph of the Nordiska Archive Doves drawing from the 60's, and part of the original embroidery. On the reverse it notes the stitches used, and a brief history of the origins of Sommarfröjd.
This kit is suitable for beginners with easy to follow instructions, and a great way to get to know linen embroidery.