Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1962
Designer: Ingegerd Hyltén-Cavallius
Original name: Gulsparv 7411 (Yellow Sparrow 7411)
Original colour: Brown/Green fabric with neons and greens.
Gulsparv 7411 was designed by Ingegerd Hyltén-Cavallius in 1962,
the third design by talented life long artist Ingegerd that we bring out from the Nordiska archive.
In the 60's, Gulsparv was a kit for a small cushion, 28 x 28cm.
In our contemporary reprint, we kept the Gulsparv pattern exactly the same as in the 60's, only printed on a larger piece of linen to allow for today's cushion sizes.
This kit includes:
- 100% linen fabric, 50 x 50 cm. The design measures 25 x 26cm.
- A set of linen threads in 10 colours. Part of the linen is 1960s linen (3, 4, 5, 7) and the rest are our nearest colours in contemporary linen. Limited to 40 kits.
- A handy stitch card with the 24 common Nordiska stitches of the 50's and 60's
- A chenille needle size 22.
- A very rare, complete sheet of the original stitch chart, just under A4.
- A copy of the original archive drawing.
The stitch to use is clearly marked out in the drawing as you can see here in the listing. Chain stitch is drawn as a chain stitch etc.
Make the stitches long or short depending on your own preference.