Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1960
Designer: Ingrid Bjernefors Dahlman
Designed in 1960 by Nordiska of Gothenburg, Floral Wheel 5962 was originally
We have reprinted this simple and beautiful Swedish design as a kit to make a 45 x 45 cm cushion. It would of course also be lovely as a table mat, as it was intended to become back in the 60's. The design measures 25 cm in diameter.
Included in this set is:
- A 100% linen cloth, 50 x 100 cm, just enough material to make a 45 x 45 cm cushion.
- 8 skeins of linen embroidery thread as pictured (these come as a hank)
- A stitch card showing the 24 most common 60's linen embroidery stitches.
- A card with a drawing of the original instructions as it was found in the Nordiska Embroidery Archive, with a brief history of its origins and named stitches.
- A large poster of the original drawing
The drawing card shows what stitches were used, and you can easily follow the shades of light and dark when you decide where to add your colours using nr 1-7.
Linen always look best if it isn't washed, and we recommend keeping it as it is, just as Nordiska did in the 1960's.
We hope you will love this Nordiska treasure just as much as we do!