Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1960
Designer: Ingrid Bjernefors Dahlman
Designed in 1960 by Nordiska of Gothenburg, Floral Wheel 5962 was originally printed on a 32 x 32 cm linen cloth
We have reprinted this simple and beautiful Swedish design as a kit to make a 45 x 45 cm cushion. It would of course also be lovely as a table mat, as it was intended to be back in the 60's.
Included in this set is:
- A 100% linen cloth, 50 x 50 cm. The design itself measures 25 cm in diameter.
- Contemporary linen threads in 8 colours
- 1 chenille needle on a vintage paper cut
(the old image shows 3 needles, we only send out the size you need of these three)
- A stitch card showing the 24 most common 60's linen embroidery stitches.
- A card with a drawing of the original instructions as it was found in the Nordiska Embroidery Archive, with a brief history of its origins and named stitches.
The drawing card shows what stitches were used, and you can easily follow the shades of light and dark when you decide where to add your colours using nr 1-7.
Please be aware what while you can swap the colours around as you wish, you must follow the number drawing to make the thread last.
Linen always look best if it isn't washed, and we recommend keeping it as it is, just as Nordiska did in the 1960's.
We hope you will love this Nordiska treasure just as much as we do!