Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1958
Name: Lily of the Valley / Liljekonvalj (Swedish)
Poster dated 1959, archive stamps dated 1958.
Originally a small cushion in a very beautiful blue:
Included in this kit:
- Hand printed Lily of the Valley on blue or natural linen, 37.5 x 40 cm.
The print itself measures approximately 15 x 20 cm.
- 4 colours of linen embroidery thread in the original green, blue and white of the design. The linen threads in this listing shows the colours in our contemporary kit.
Threads may be single skeins or a hank depending on our stock, and will be adjusted to the thread usage of the kit.
- A chenille needle size 22.
- A handy stitch card showing the 24 common stitches used in Nordiska’s embroidery.
- An A4 poster copy of the original instructions
- A printed photograph of the Nordiska Archive Lily of the Valley drawing from the 50's. On the reverse it notes the stitches, with a brief history of the origins of the design.
This kit is suitable for beginners with easy to follow instructions, and a great way to get to know linen embroidery.
The stitches used in this kit are stem stitch and lazy daisy.