Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1955
Original name: Kudde 2208
We have reprinted this simple and beautiful Swedish design on a 50 x 50 cm linen panel. The design itself measures 22 x 27 cm.
Included in this set is:
- A 100% natural linen panel, 50 x 50 cm.
- A set of 15 colours of our contemporary linen threads. One of the colours will have an extra skein in: use this for stitch number: X
- A chenille needle on a vintage paper cut
- A handy stitch card showing the 24 most common 60's linen embroidery stitches.
- The other card shows a drawing of this design as it was found in the Nordiska Embroidery Archive, with a brief history of it's origins and named stitches.
- A poster of the original stitch instructions from the archive.
You can easily follow the shades of light and dark when you decide where to add your colours. For the colour numbers, you will need to decide where to add them as the shades are slightly different from the 1960's (although we got very near!)
This is a kit for the experienced or the adventurous embroiderer, with mostly common stitches but also a few unusual ones. We are sure this will be an enjoyable journey for whoever loves this Swedish mid century forest motif.
Linen always look best if it isn't washed, and we recommend keeping it as it is, just as Nordiska did in the 1960's.
We hope that you will love this Nordiska treasure as much as we do.