Flundra, Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1960s
Name: Flundra (Swedish) Flounder
Designer: Ingrid Bjernefors-Dahlman.
Originally a small cushion in a mixed shade green linen
embroidered with soft cotton threads, Nordiska's luna yarn.
Included in this kit:
- Linen 50 x 50 cm, hand printed
The design itself measures 40 x 31 cm.
- 8 colours of linen embroidery thread, greens and blues.
The linen threads in this listing shows the colours in our contemporary kit.
Threads may be single skeins or a hank depending on our stock, and will be adjusted to the thread usage of the kit.
- A chenille needle size 22.
- A handy stitch card showing the 24 common stitches used in Nordiska’s embroidery.
- An A4 poster copy of the original instructions
- A printed photograph of the Nordiska Archive Flundra drawing from the 60's. On the reverse it notes the stitches, with a brief history of the origins of the design.
This kit is suitable for beginners with easy to follow instructions, and a great way to get to know linen embroidery.
The seven stitches used in this kit are stem-, satin-, chain-, split-, lazy daisy-, y-stitch and French knots.