Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1964
By Ingrid Bjernefors-Dahlman. Originally a small table cloth to place a vase of flowers on, we have printed Whimsical Flora on a slightly larger linen to allow for more ideas, for example a small cushion, bag or wall hanging.
Included in this kit:
- Hand printed Whimsical Flora pattern on natural linen, 37.5 x 40 cm
The print itself measures 19 x 18 cm.
- 5 colours of linen embroidery thread in the original green, blue and white of the design.
- A chenille needle size 22.
- A handy stitch card showing the 24 common stitches used in Nordiska’s embroidery. The stitches used in this kit are stem stitch - satin stitch - lazy daisy and seed stitch.
- A card copy of the original instructions from the 1960's
- A printed photograph of the Nordiska Archive Linnaeus drawing from 1964. On the reverse it notes the stitches, with a brief history of the origins of the design.
This kit is suitable for beginners with easy to follow instructions, and a great way to get to know linen embroidery.