By Ingrid Bjernefors-Dahlman for Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1964
Ingrid's beautiful Linnaeus was originally called Skogsglänta, Swedish for glade, a clearing in the woods.
Included in this kit:
- Hand printed Linnaeus pattern on natural linen, 50 x 50 cm
The print itself measures 29 cm wide, 22 cm tall.
- 5 skeins of linen embroidery thread. Please note these may come as single skeins or as a hank depending on our stock. The material is exactly the same: 14 meter per colour in the five colours pictured here.
- A chenille needle size 22.
- A handy stitch card showing the 24 common stitches used in Nordiska’s embroidery. The stitches used in this kit is
flat stitch or long-and-short stitch, satin stitch, stem stitch, y-stitch, lazy-daisy, split stitch and French knots.
- A full size copy of the original instructions from the 1960's.
- A printed photograph of the Nordiska Archive Linnaeus drawing from 1964. On the reverse it notes the stitches, with a brief history of the origins of the design.
This kit is suitable for beginners with easy to follow instructions, and a great way to get to know linen embroidery.