Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1955
Original name: Kudde 2208
We have reprinted this simple and beautiful Swedish design on a 50 x 50 cm linen panel. The design itself measures 22 x 27 cm. No one has embroidered this panel since the 1950's, so if you would like to see what it looks like before purchase, please wait until January: we will have it ready by then. For anyone used to Nordiska kits and patterns, enjoy! The option without threads is found HERE
Included in this set is:
- A 100% linen cloth, 50 x 50 cm. We have found a shade very near to the original, an eggshell blue.
- A box set of 15 skeins of contemporary linen threads
- A chenille needle on a vintage paper cut
- A stitch card showing the 24 most common 60's linen embroidery stitches. This - card is an exact copy of Nordiska's 60's stitch card, once written on a typewriter in Gothenburg by the director himself.
- The other card shows a drawing of this design as it was found in the Nordiska Embroidery Archive, with a brief history of it's origins and named stitches.
- A circa A3 copy of the original stitch instructions from the archive.
The original printed pattern instructions that may have been printed for customers have not yet been found, we are not sure if they ever existed as the large poster copied here is what customers would have borrowed home to stitch after.
You can easily follow the shades of light and dark when you decide where to add your colours. For the colour numbers, you will need to decide where to add them as the shades are slightly different from the 1960's (although we got very near!)
This is a kit for the experienced or the adventurous beginner, with mostly common stitches but also a few unusual ones. We are sure this will be an enjoyable journey for whoever loves this Swedish mid century forest motif.
Linen always look best if it isn't washed, and we recommend keeping it as it is, just as Nordiska did in the 1960's.
We hope you will love this Nordiska treasure as much as we do!