Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1963
Original name: Bukett / Vepa 7921
Original colour: Brown linen with linen threads in green, pink, white, red, peach and purple.
Designed in 1963 by Nordiska of Gothenburg,
Vepa 7921 was originally printed on a 43 x 51 cm linen cloth called Moralinne.
The design itself measures 30.5 x 37 cm
We have reprinted this simple and beautiful Swedish design on a 50 x 60 cm linen panel.
Included in this set is:
- A fine linen cloth, 50 x 60 cm
- A box set of 19 skeins of contemporary linen threads
- A chenille needle on a vintage paper cut
- A stitch card showing the 24 most common 60's linen embroidery stitches. This - card is an exact copy of Nordiska's 60's stitch card, once written on a typewriter in Gothenburg by the director himself.
- The other card shows a drawing of this design as it was found in the Nordiska Embroidery Archive, with a brief history of it's origins and named stitches. We also include a postcard with the 1960's original textile piece that we found recently.
- A circa A3 copy of the original stitch instructions from the archive.
You can easily follow the shades of light and dark when you decide where to add your colours. For the colour numbers, you will need to decide where to add them as the shades are slightly different from the 1960's (although we got very near!)
This is a kit for the experienced or the adventurous beginner, with mostly common stitches but also a few unusual ones. We are sure this will be an enjoyable journey for whoever loves these potted florals.
Linen always look best if it isn't washed, and we recommend keeping it as it is, just as Nordiska did in the 1960's.
We hope you will love this Nordiska treasure as much as we do!