10% discount throughout July
Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1960
Designer: Ingrid Bjernefors Dahlman
We have reprinted this simple and beautiful Swedish design as a kit to make a 45 x 45 cm cushion. It would of course also be lovely as a table mat, as it was intended to become back in the 60's.
The design itself measures 25 cm in diameter.
Included in this set is:
- A 100% linen cloth, 50 x 100 cm, just enough material to make a 45 x 45 cm cushion.
- Contemporary linen threads in various light colours.
- 1 chenille needle on a vintage paper cut
(the old image shows 3 needles, we only send out the size you need of these three)
- A stitch card showing the 24 most common 60's linen embroidery stitches.
- A card with a drawing of the original instructions as it was found in the Nordiska Embroidery Archive, with a brief history of its origins and named stitches.
The drawing card shows what stitches were used, and you can easily follow the shades of light and dark when you decide where to add your colours using nr 1-7.
For our Dusty Pink we added extra threads so that you can play with the pale linen threads to create a glowing piece for your home.