Nordiska of Gothenburg, late 1950's. Our archive drawing is marked 1960, with date stamps on the reverse noting 1959. We think it was drawn sometime in 1957/58.
Original name: Kudde 6043
Included in this set is:
- A 100% linen cloth, 37.5 x 40 cm. The design itself is 17.5 cm x 31 cm.
- Three colours of linen embroidery thread.
- A chenille needle on a vintage paper cut
- A stitch card showing the 24 most common 60's linen embroidery stitches. This - card is an exact copy of Nordiska's 60's stitch card, once written on a typewriter in Gothenburg by the director himself.
- A card with a drawing of the cat design as it was found in the Nordiska Embroidery Archive, with a brief history of it's origins and named stitches.
- An A4 copy of the original stitch instructions from the archive.
This is a kit easy for a beginner, with six simple stitches.
Linen always look best if it isn't washed, and we recommend keeping it as it is, just as Nordiska did in the 1960's.
We hope you will love this Nordiska treasure as much as we do!